Friday, January 25

Cold Fuels Creativity



From out of frosted windows, I gaze on a world where lately hunkering down brings joys of it's own. Crisp clear nights, streets devoid of traffic, finding people at home, animal tracks leading no where- such times are made for creativity. It is the wonderful void of quiet and curiosity. The moon looks different, the stars stare back unaffected, the snow squeaks your passage- but oh the mind spins in possibilities of whispered ideas untried. Which medium? Which Project?
I have about 2 months to get my stock built up for a space in the gift barn at Carolee's Herb Farm in Hartford City, IN. Its motivational to think of garden related art, and have a place to take it. It will add more stock to my web site as well. Perhaps the most important element when you are home schooling a high schooler is the lesson of both witnessing and participating in the creative process. He is older than the last time I did a marathon session. I wonder this time what he will learn and what will he create himself? I know he will help with cooking some meals, making observations and questioning about how do you do this or that. Yesterday a trip to the Indianapolis Art Museum with friends inspired both of us. My patient husband always understands and encourages. I am so blessed and so thankful. This time I will have Andy take some photos of the processes to share with you all so you may be inspired as well.

No comments:

Little People House

Little People House
You do believe, right?

In a hole there lived a hobbit...

In a hole there lived a hobbit...